The NPF panel provides the capability to its clients to build their custom reports using our Report Builder Module.
This can be accessed under the Reports and Analytics tab in the Menu.
The Detailed steps of customising your reports are given below.
Building a report:
You can create a new report by clicking on the create button which is present on the top right corner of the report listing page.
On clicking the create button you would land on the report builder page. Here you can select the required Parameters like the Metrics you want to measure , the fields he wants to add in his rows and columns and then apply the required filters on the report. Finally you can Name the report and click on the Save button to create it.
The Metrics can be added by clicking on the Add button in the Metrics Box. Further details on how to add metrics are listed below.
1. Click on the Add button in the metrics section.
2. On clicking Add, a pop will open up listing all the available metrics.
3. You can choose the required metric and Click on Apply.
4. Your Metric will be successfully added to the report.
Currently our report builder offers the functionality to add any of the 2 metrics: All Leads or All Applications.
Adding All leads in the Metrics will give you the count of Leads that have the values Marked in the rows and columns.
Adding All Applications in the metrics will give you the count of Applications that have the particular values against them in the Application manager.
The rows or columns of the report can be added by clicking on the Add button in the Rows/Columns Box. On clicking on the Add button a pop up will open up listing all the fields available in the Report Builder. Currently you can only add a maximum of 3 fields in either the rows or columns.
The detailed steps on how to add rows or columns are as below:
1. Click on the Add button under the Rows or Column box in the report Builder.
2. On clicking on the Add button a Pop up will open up listing all the fields that are available in the report Builder.
3. Here you can select a maximum of 3 fields from the list and click on apply to add these fields to the report.
The different types of fields currently handled in the Report builder are listed below.
- System Status Fields: All the system status fields from the Lead manager have been handled in the report builder.
- Registration fields: All the Registration fields which are of Date type , Dropdown or have a Taxonomy Added to them have been populated in the report builder and you can use any of these to build your report.
- Admins Fields: All the admin Fields have been populated here.
The filters can be added by clicking on the Add button in the Filters Box. The Steps for Adding a Filter are listed below:
1. Click on the Add button under Filters.
2. A Pop up will open up where you can choose the fields you want to apply your filters on.
3. You can choose any number of fields from this pop up for filtering out the required values.
4. Now click on the name of the Field in the filter box on which you want to filter the data.
5. On clicking on the name of the field you will be shown a list of values which are there in that field.
6. Select any number of values of this field in the pop up to only the show the data for these field values.
You can also apply filters on date fields so as to filter out the applicants based on their date fields.
There are 2 major use cases that can be achieved by the filter section in the report Builder.
- Filters applied on Fields applied in Rows and Columns: In cases where you feel that there are some values of the fields applied in either rows or columns which you do not want to see in your report , you can easily remove such values by selecting the ones you actually want to see.
- Filters applied on fields which are not used in either Rows/ Columns : With this you can filter out the leads and applications showing up in the report on fields not used in either rows or columns. For Example you can filter out the leads and applications on the basis of their Registration date by using this filter in the Report.
Previewing a report:
A Pre-built can be easily previewed by you by clicking on the name of the report. On clicking on the name a Pop Up opens up with the created report. You can easily view the applicants and also land on their user profiles.
The applicants under each row and column can be viewed by clicking on the number under each and every combination of Rows and columns.
Copying a report:
You can copy a report by simply choosing the duplicate option present in the actions next to the report listing.
On clicking the Duplicate option a report will be created with the same name with the timestamp appended in its name.
Exporting a report:
You can download a particular report by selecting the export option present in the actions next to the report listing.
On clicking the export option a copy of this report is downloaded in the csv format.
Marking a Report as your favourite:
The Report can be marked as favourite by clicking on the star icon which is present next to the name of the report in the Report Create and report Edit options.
The Favourite reports will be listed above the other reports on the listing page.
Adding Tags to your Reports:
Particular tags can be added to each of the reports by clicking on the tags icon which is present next to the save and the sync icon on the top left corner of the report builder window.
On clicking this icon a pop up will open up where you can type the name of the tag that you want to link with this report. If that particular tag already exists then it will show us a list of all the tags created with the same name. You also have the option of selecting a tag from an already created list of tags or can also create a new one by clicking on the create button in the pop up itself.