Introducing App Shortcuts. These shortcuts can be displayed when you long press the app icon, it helps users quickly start tasks as per their choice within the app.
How does this work?
- Open NoPaperForms Android App. Go to Settings > Other Settings > "App Shortcuts"
You can see (View) only when a shortcut is created. This enables the user to see what shortcuts they have already created.
- By default, App Shortcuts are turned off for everyone. Users can create the shortcuts themselves
- When the user enables the toggle switch, a panel will open where they can create a maximum of 3 shortcuts
- Only the 'first action' dropdown will be shown at first with CTA to add more actions
- Tapping on "Add New Shortcut" will create another row.
- A ‘Delete’ icon will be shown with the last action only tapping on which will delete the row. It is helpful if any shortcut is created by mistake.
- Saving the shortcuts will save these preferences locally for the logged in user. Uninstalling the app will delete these preferences.
- If no shortcut is created, the toggle will remain off.
- Now, when you long press the NoPaperForms App icon, these App Shortcuts will be shown as per your selection.
Here’s how this looks like: