Facebook Business Manager Account: Creation and Verification
A complete guide to create and verify your Facebook Business Manager Account in a few minutes.
- Steps to create a Facebook Business Manager Account
- Steps to verify your Facebook Business Manager Account
Facebook Business Manager Account (FBMA): A free tool by Facebook which allows businesses to manage multiple Facebook Pages, Facebook Ad accounts, Users Access etc. from a single panel.
It ensures that the all of your Facebook assets can be operated by multiple people from the company. You can also share access of your Facebook page and Ad account to any third-party digital ad agency to manage campaigns on your behalf.
Getting a verify your Facebook Business Manager Account (FBMA) is an eligibility criterion to apply for a WhatsApp Business API & WhatsApp chatbot integration approval. WhatsApp uses these details to validate the true identity of your business.
Create A Facebook Business Manager Account
First of all, please confirm internally if your business already has any existing FBMA account. It will be confirmed by your concerned person managing our social media accounts and your Ad agency.
An existing FBMA account created at least 3 months back is extremely helpful.
Steps to create Facebook Business Manager Account:
1. Visit: https://business.facebook.com/
In case you already have any account, you will be re-directed and logged into your account. Your URL will be such as https://business.facebook.com/business_id=123456789xxxxx
3. To create a new account, click “Create Account”, present on the top right corner.
4. You will come across a form to fill in your name, business name and Email ID details. ↓
5. Enter your business details
6. Confirm your email
Congratulations! You are at the home page of your Facebook Business Manager Account. Make sure that you verify your email address, to start using your business manager account immediately. To begin with verification, you’d want to head to the “Business Settings” tab now.
Facebook Business Verification Process
Before you move on to verification of your Facebook Business Manager, you’ll need to complete the checklist mentioned below:
Steps to add your Facebook Page in your Facebook Business Manager Account details:
- On left side panel, click Pages
- Add your institute official Facebook Page.
- In case you have Admin access, Facebook Page will be added directly.
- Else Facebook Page need to approve your request to add the page
Steps to complete your Facebook Business Manager Account details:
- On left side panel, click Business Info
- In top section, add your FBMA account name. It should be in sync with your desired WhatsApp Display Name
- Add institute logo
- Add your institute official Facebook Page as the primary page of FBMA account
Create an Application:
App creation is required to enable the “Start Verification” button in the Security Centre page of Facebook Business Manager Account.
- Log In Facebook for Developers: https://developers.facebook.com/
- Click "Get started"
- Click "Create App"
- Select App type "Business"
- Give An App name & Add respective “Facebook Business Manager Account” you want to verify before saving details
- Save Details
- App is created for “Your Own Business”
- Click "My Apps"
- Click on the specific "App Name" you have just created
- Click Settings > Basic Settings
- In case "Terms of Service URL" is not available, please add your website address
- Select "Category" as “Education” and save
- Go to "App Review"
- Click on “Permissions & Features”
- Search “business” in the search bar
- Click on "Request Access"
- Visit your FBMA Page and refresh it
Now the “Start Verification” button will be enabled.
Steps to start your Facebook Business Manager Account verification:
- On left side panel, click Security Centre
- In middle section, click Start Verification
- In case your “Start Verification” button is enabled, please proceed.
- In case your “Start Verification” button is not enabled, please create an application.
1. Now, you’ll have to fill 4 sections of details pertaining to your business:
a. Business name and address.
b. Select your business.
c. Verify your legal business name: You can upload any of the documents: Institute trust registration document, Certificate of Incorporation, Business License, GST Registration Certificate.
d. Verify your business address or phone number: You can upload any document: Utility bill, Electricity Bill with legal business name & address, bank statement with address or GST with address/phone number.
- Please ensure all documents must have exactly word-to-word same "Legal Name" & "Business Address" details of the business. These details should be same in the “Security Centre” section too.
- The preferred language of the document is English.
- Mentioned documents to be shared should be of the parent business entity or trust under which respective college is registered.
- Business parent entity or trust name must be clearly mentioned and easily visible on the institute website home page footer section and about us section
- WhatsApp display name desired by an institute to be approved in WhatsApp Business API integration must updated in the "Business Info" section.
2. Enter your business email address to complete the verification of your Facebook Business Manager account. You need to use an email address associated with your website’s domain.
3. Wait for Facebook team response.
4. Your Facebook Business Manager Account is verified.
All done. You have created and verified your Facebook Business Manager Account!
Question 1: How to apply for a desired WhatsApp Display Name?
- In case desired WhatsApp Display Name is different from the “Legal Name” of the parent trust, then mentioning the “Legal Name” details on the institute website Footer section and About Us page.
- Desired WhatsApp Display Name should be available either in the Facebook Business Manager Account Name or in the Security Centre “Legal name” section.
Question 2: What is the difference between WhatsApp Display Name approval & Official Business Account (OBA)?
Please connect with Product Operations team once FBMA verified!