Many times we come across cases when the candidate once registered on the landing page, tries to register again. Here, we will understand the different scenarios when the same lead tries to register for your institute from various sources with different combinations of Email Id and Mobile Number.
E1: Email Id 1 (the first email id the candidate uses)
M1: Mobile Number 1 (the first mobile no. the candidate uses)
E2: Email Id 2 (any other email id used by the candidate)
M2: Mobile Number 2 (any other mobile number used by the candidate)
Unique Mobile Number:
We also have a feature in our platform where you can allow leads only with unique mobile numbers to register for your institute. So, If the lead tries to register again from the mobile number which is already there in your portal, we will show him an error message that mobile number already exists at the time of registering (These cases are mentioned below wherever they are applicable).
Lead Registration from the Landing page
We will see the scenarios when the candidate has already registered on the landing page once and then tries to register again.
1. E1 and M1 (first registration): When a user registers with Email id: email@example.com and mobile no: 9988779988, the lead will be registered.
A new lead will be created
2. E2 and M1 (second registration): When the user registers with a different Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org but with the same mobile no: 9988779988 as before, the lead will:
- A new lead will be created if the unique mobile number is not enabled and its entry will reflect in the lead manager. i.e., a new lead will be created with the given email id and mobile number
- A new lead will not be created if the unique mobile number is enabled for your institute and the below error will be shown to the candidate at the time of registering.
When the candidate clicks on the "click here" option then they will be taken to the following page where he will be asked to verify the OTP
After the candidate verifies the OTP successfully, he will be taken to a new page where he can update his existing email id.
Now clicking on the save button, below message will be displayed:
The applicant timeline we will get the following activity recorded.
Hence, the email id will be updated against the previous lead.
3. E1 and M2: When the user tries to register with the same Email id: email@example.com as before but with the different mobile no: 9988779968, the new lead will not be created. The Mobile number will be added as an alternate mobile number for the previous lead with Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org and mobile no: 9988779988.
Lead Manager: Registration attempt date will be updated and the number will be updated in the alternate number. The new lead will not be created.
Also, If the lead is already registered then they have an option to Login using the option available at the bottom of the screen with the credentials they have received in their registered mobile and email id