General In App Calling FAQs
1. What is In-App calling?
The In-App calling feature allows you to make or receive calls from your prospects on-the-go. All you have to do is enable In App Calling Permissions within the app to have access to the calling functionality and at the same time, activities, call type (incoming/outgoing/missed) on a real-time basis.
2. Why should I use the In-App calling feature?
The In-App calling feature brings you the ease of access because:
- The app needs no third-party integration
- It is Cost effective!
- You would be able to track better and get numbers to crunch
- Listen to past conversations with lead for effective Lead Nurturing
- Keep a track on your productivity
3. How different is In-App call from a regular phone call?
There is no difference between an in-app call or regular phone call. Additionally, if the calling feature is enabled for your institute, you will be able to track all the calling activities happening on the leads on a real-time basis.
4. What is a Popup and how can it help?
A popup is a dialog box that appears in front of you on the screen where you can perform a specific action.
A popup appears when you initiate an incoming or an outgoing call displaying the Lead’s information right in front of you with a link to “View Profile” without even opening the app manually and finding the lead. It helps you to get access to the lead information even before picking up an incoming call which eventually gives more power to the counsellor for better nurturing.
In case the lead is not registered and a call is initiated to an unknown number, the popup will ask you to either “Add a Lead” or “Discard”. You may tap on Discard if it’s a Personal Call.
5. How do I set up the calling feature in the mobile app?
Activating the calling feature on the NoPaperForms app is very easy. Using the calling feature on the app would require you to set-up and follow these steps to activate the feature in your account:
Step 1: Tap on the ☰ icon to open the left navigation panel.
Step 2: Choose Settings, and then enable all options under Call Preferences.
Step 3: The app will prompt you to download the NoPaperForms Call Tracker Plugin. After allowing certain permissions, the NPF Call Tracker plugin will be installed in your mobile phone.
Step 4: Now enable All permissions that the app asks for.
Step 5: Enjoy a seamless In-App calling experience.
6. Is any third party integration required to make or receive a call from the Mobile App?
No integrations are required to enable the calling feature in the mobile app. Once the calling feature is enabled, it will work as a regular call.
7. Will my call recording be stored if the recording permission is not enabled in the Mobile App?
No, call recording will be saved only when the user has enabled the right set of required permission for it. Although call recording feature does not work in devices running on Android 9 and above.
8. Can telephony integration and in-app calling be enabled for the institute together?
Yes. Both can be configured together. Please contact your success manager for this.
9. Why do I need to download the NPF call tracking plugin to use the calling feature?
NoPaperForms Call Tracking app's main objective is to enable the calling feature on the main NoPaperForms app that is available on the Google Play store. The idea behind creating this additional app is because of the following reasons:
- Google Play restricts the use of high risk or sensitive permissions, including the access or permission to SMS or Call Log groups. These restrictions stopped us from using these permissions and therefore, we had to create an alternate app with these restricted permissions to enable calling features on the app.
10. If I do not enable the permissions in the NoPaperForms call tracking app will I be able to use the calling feature?
No, it’s mandatory to enable all the permissions that the call tracker plugins asks for, to enable calling features in the main NoPaperForms App.
11. I don’t want to track the calls but only want the recording feature. Is it possible to enable the same?
Call tracking is mandatory to enable the recording feature in the NoPaperForms App. Although call recording feature does not work in devices running on Android 9 and above.
12. Why do I need to enable 3 different preferences to use calling features?
All three preferences are having different purposes and is mentioned below
- Call Tracking - this is required to provide you with live caller id and to detect events like incoming calls, outgoing calls, missed calls, and basis this we show activities in the lead timeline.
- Call Recording - this is required to use the call recorder feature and show the audio clip in the timeline. Although call recording feature does not work in devices running on Android 9 and above.
- Show pop up - this is required to show the popup when an incoming or outgoing call is received or made through the NoPaperForms App.
13. Can the user make and receive a call from the app?
Yes, if the calling feature is enabled on the NoPaperForms app, the user can make or receive a call while the tracking feature works in the background.
14. Does the phone number masking work while receiving or making a call?
Number masking will not be enabled in case of an outbound call made from the device. To make an outbound call, a phone’s dialer is used and that does not allow any changes to be made over it.
15. Will there be a pop-up when an incoming or outgoing call is made from the mobile app? If yes, will this pop-up be shown with existing lead details?
If the calling feature and the caller ID pop-up is enabled in the application, then for each inbound or outbound call the caller ID will be shown that would have the following details:
- Lead’s Number
- Name of Lead
- Email ID of the lead
- “View Profile” button
For an effective working of a Popup, you need to ensure that “Display Popup over other Apps” permission is enabled for NoPaperForms App.
This permission can also be available as:
- Draw over other apps
- Floating Window
16. What happens when there is no internet connectivity, will the details of the prospect appear on the Popup? If yes, what information will it show?
Yes, a pop-up will appear on the screen but with only the mobile number. If there is no internet connectivity, no other details will be shown.
17. Does the In App Call recording feature work on Android 10 devices?
Due to call recording restrictions by Google, the feature is impacted on devices running on Android 10 and above. You will not be able to hear anything in the call recording.
18. My calls are not getting synced on the lead’s timeline, why?
The mobile app supports automatic syncing of calls to the cloud, but this syncing depends highly on the internet connectivity. In most cases, the syncing works on a real time basis but you might experience some delays for calling activity to be visible on Lead’s timeline due to an unstable internet connection in your device.
19. Does the app sync my personal calls as well?
No, we never store your personal calls to the cloud. For any call to be synced to the cloud you need to first add that as a lead, only then the call log will be available and shown on lead’s timeline.
Device: Setup, Change and Internet Connectivity
1. I changed my phone: can I still continue to use the calling feature?
Yes, you can use the calling feature on the new device as well. You only have to enable all the required permissions and preferences in the new device and app.
2. I don't have internet connectivity. Can I still use the calling feature?
Any call made or received while there is no connectivity will be synced once the user device is connected to the internet again. If a lead exists in the system and a call is made during the offline mode, it will be automatically synced; while for all those numbers which do not exist in the system, records will be shown in the app under the Pending Call Records screen.
3. If there are 2 sim-cards from which one can I make or receive the call?
You can make or receive calls from both the sim-cards, there is no restriction on it.
4. How can I track calls: Outgoing or Incoming, when the device is not connected to the internet?
You can't track calls; made or received while your device is not connected to the internet. You would require a connection to the internet to be able to do so. You might want to take note of these:
- Call made to the leads present in the system will be auto-synced and can be viewed under the “App Call Logs” page present on the web application.
- Any calls; made or received by the number that does not exist in the system can be checked on the APP under the Pending Call Records screen present under the lead manager.
Know about Call Activities
1. Where can I find the Call logs once a call is completed?
If the call log feature is enabled in the app, then you can find all the logs corresponding to a lead in the ‘Call logs’ tab under the Lead Profile screen. Additionally, you can also login to your web application to keep a check on all the calling activities: made or received through the mobile app.
To view the detailed report, navigate to “Menu” > "Marketing" > "In App Call Logs"
2. When a call is made/received from a new number, can I add the same as a new lead?
Yes, you can add a new lead when a call is received or made to a new number. The user will get a popup asking to either "Add Lead" or "Discard". If none of the actions are taken, the call will be visible under "Pending Call Records" with a status “Lead does not exist”. You can still create a Lead from there.
3. What are the charges for making a call from the app?
Your standard network charge will be applied to any calls made from the NoPaperForms mobile app.
4. If I don’t want to store details of a particular call in the app, how do I remove the details?
If a lead is present in the system, then you cannot remove the call records but if a lead does not exist in the system, then you can remove the call details by navigating to “Pending Call Records” in the app, and clicking on the action icon and then choosing to remove.
Once done, all details related to that particular record will be removed from the device and system.
If I delete the call details from the local storage of the device will it be synced?
No, if call details are removed from the local storage before syncing then details will not be shown.
5. I am not able to open caller id pop-up during a new call, where can I find details of that particular call?
You can find details of all new or existing lead calls in the NoPaperForms main app or in the web application.
- To check details in the main App, go to the lead manager and click on the call icon present on the top bar to check all pending call records on which you haven’t taken any action during and post-call.
- To check records of the existing lead you need to login to your web application and go to the Marketing Tab and click on “App Call Logs” to view all call records.
Web Application Related
1. Can I make or receive a call from the web application, if the calling feature is enabled in the mobile app?
No, you won’t be able to make or receive a call from the web application even if the calling feature is enabled in the mobile app.
2. Will calling activities be shown on the web application as well, once a call is made or received from the Mobile App?
Yes, mobile app and web applications are synced on a real-time basis. The moment a call is ended, data will be synced in the web as well as in the mobile app (subject to internet connectivity)
3. If the calling feature is enabled in the mobile app, can I receive a call on the Desktop?
No, a call can be received or made from the app only. But you can track the activities on the web as well as in the mobile app.
4. When a call is made or received from the app then will the calling pop-up will appear in the desktop (web application)?
No, you will only be able to receive or make calls from the device with the NoPaperForms app. Further, once a call is received or made from the device then, the caller ID would be shown in the mobile device and not on the desktop. However, all call-related activities would be available on the app and web applications both.
5. Audio Recordings on the web are not playable sometimes, why?
In case you are unable to play the audio recording on a web browser, you are advised to download the recording in your system and then play the same.
a) Right Click on the black area. Click “Save As”
b) Save the recording in your computer, and play it using a music player (Windows Media player, VLC player, etc.)
User Reports, Accessibility
1. Is the calling feature available only for counselors?
No, the calling feature can be enabled on any institute user but the calling activities in productivity report can be tracked only for the counselors.
Can I track calling activities in the productivity report?
Yes, if the calling feature is enabled for the user then all calls; made or received by the user can be tracked in the productivity report. You can track the following parameters:
- Outbound Call Count
- Inbound Call Count
- Missed Call (Inbound and Outbound)
2. I’m on leave, so how do I stop Call Tracking feature from the Mobile App?
It’s pretty simple, open the app Click on Menu > Settings > Disable all preferences (Call Tracking) under the Call Preferences block.
3. If a counselor picks up a call that was assigned to the other counselor, will the call activity be shown in the lead timeline and would the engagement be marked against him/her in the productivity report?
Yes, the user who received or made a call to a number irrespective of the lead is assigned to him/her, the details would be shown in the productivity report, as well as the lead profile page in Timeline. You can also opt for a feature where the other counsellor is not allowed to see the profile of a lead not assigned to him.