After you got to know how to create marketing automation flow (LINK) and also about how to allocate counsellor through automation (LINK)
We will now see the functionalities of the other Action Nodes in the automation tool.
First, we’ll start with Notify Users
- Notify Users
This is the feature in the automation which helps you to email notifications to the college users based upon the conditions that you put.
For instance, if you want to send notifications to the counsellors when an applicant makes the payment. Let’s see how to create a conditional flow for this and how to use Notify User as an action node.
In the below image you can see the trigger points that we have set for the notifications to be sent out-
The next step is to set the conditions in the automation flow, according to our example here will send the notifications to the counsellors on the basis of the applicants who have approved their payment.
So we have set the condition accordingly. Our next step is to choose the counsellor to whom the communication should be sent. Here we will choose the “Counsellor A”.
For the we click on the action gear and select Notify User option among all the other action nodes. The pop-up appears for the details to be filled.
We will see one by one in detail for what needs to be filled in the fields given-
- Block Name - Here you can mention any name so as to identify the node in the flow. We will mention here as shown in the image “ Email to Counsellor A”
- We can ignore Campaign Name and Campaign Type here.
- From Email - This is Email ID from which you want to send the notification from, here we will choose the Admissions Team Email ID i.e., email@example.com
- Select Users - This is the dropdown field wherein you can choose any user’s name of the college, from admin to all the counsellor’s name you can find here. Since we are sending notification to counsellor here so will select as “counsellor A”
- Template - This is again the dropdown field where you can find all the email templates that you have created in the Manage Communications Templates.
In the image shown below, you can see the default format of the template that we have used here.
And then click on the Submit button,
So the flow looks something like in the image shown below-
So this was all about the Notify User feature.
- Lead Stage
The basic lead stages are HOT, WARM, COLD, NOT INTERESTED, NO RESPONSE, etc. and it also depends upon the institute which all lead stages to be created. Lead stages are generally changed on the basis of responses of the lead after nurturing.
Saying this, the next feature is Lead Stage in action nodes. So this is one of the important features in the automation. This is used in situations where the intervention of the institute’s users in changing the stage of the lead after nurturing is not required.
Let’s take an example to make you understand,
As a counsellor you call a lead for the first time and the lead doesn’t respond to the call and you add the follow-up and changed the lead stage to NO RESPONSE and leave it, so the next time you call the lead and even during this try the lead doesn’t respond to your call then instead of you manually go and change the stage of the lead as not interested we can automatically change it to COLD because the lead did not respond to your call twice. So we can do this as an automated activity to save time and increase our productivity by focusing to nurture the leads who are interested.
Let’s see how we create the flow for the above example that we have taken here,
- The first condition that we will apply here will be of Telephony Activity matches Outbound call initiated/Missed
- We will put a wait for 1 day so that we can initiate the call again the next day, if the lead responds then we change the lead stage to the required one and if the lead doesn’t respond then we can leave the lead stage to the same NO RESPONSE.
- Next is what we can do by lead stage change option,
- Click on the action gear below the condition block and opt for lead stage option.
- There appears a pop-up with the two very basic fields
- Block Name - You can put the name of the lead stage here.
- Lead Stage - This is the dropdown field from where you select the required lead stage as required.
- So we will choose the option of COLD here.
- You can see the image below:
And, then click on the submit button.
- Next is what is the most important part, once the lead stage is changed in the automation flow you have to remove that lead from the automation flow since it is real-time flow, and to stop the lead to enter again in the flow.
- So here comes the next feature in the action nodes of the automation, i.e., Remove User.
3. Remove User
- When you click on the action gear you will find the option of REMOVE USER
- Then the pop-up appears for the Block Name to be put in
- We can put as Remove for the identification.
- This block is just for removing the user the flow and nothing more information is required for the functioning of this action.
So, the flow here looks like something as shown below-
4. Notify Assigned Application Counsellor:
We now have the "Assigned Application Counsellor" populated in the "Notify User" nodes of the automations so that we can send out communications to the assigned application counsellors. This will cater to the cases for automations that have been created at form level and the assigned application counsellor is different from the assigned lead counsellor.
Let's say that an applicant has made payment against any form. The lead counsellor (L) is different from the application counsellor (A). Earlier, we did not have an option to notify A whenever the payment was made against any form which has been assigned to A along with the applicant.
How do we implement it?
Step 1: Create an automation at form level.
Step 2: Create the condition node as per your requirement.
Step 3: Click on the Notify User node and select “Assigned Application Counsellor”.
5. Initiate Webhook Request: With this new update we have introduced Webhook node in Automation. This will enable Institute in transferring data from NPF to Institute ERP by adding any condition in Automation itself. This can also be done in sync with any drip marketing campaigns.
How to enable / configure it?
- NPF user(TechOps team) will set an ERP based on client requirement. There is no change in this process. The trigger which has to be set here is "On Request". ERP which has been created on this trigger will only appear in Automation
Note: On Request trigger is only applicable for lead details
- Once ERP has been set, NPF/College user can start creating an automation
- For Initiating Webhook request via automation:
- Real Time 'Yes' Automation has to be created
- Form or Application handling is not done for Webhook request automations
- After adding conditions, 'Initiate Webhook Request' node can be added which will appear like this:
- Institute can opt to create an automation where there are multiple campaigns running including email, SMS or allocation of leads and webhook as well
- While a user clicks on webhook request node, a slider would open from RHS and in the webhook lists all the ERP which are active and have been created with 'On Request' trigger will appear.
- Institute can publish this automation to take it LIVE.
So I hope this article was helpful in knowing the functionalities of the action nodes.