This article focuses on familiarizing you with the Document templates, what are these used for and how to Manage the same
What are Document Templates?
Document Templates represent the format of a document to be shown to the Candidates on their Student Admission Portal or a sheet being used by Users for purposes like Invigilation. Generally, the documents comprise a set of instructions as well as Candidate specific Data.
This document could be a
- Walk-in Letter offered to the Candidates detailing their profile
- Print out the Application Form submitted by the Candidate
- Payment Receipts for all transactions done by the Candidates
- Exam Admit card or GDPI Call Letters which displays respective Candidates’ Exam Venue, Date, Time Slot…
- Result Card showing the Scores as well as the Rank of the Candidate
- Offer Letter which mentions the Campus and/or Course offered to the Candidate
- An attendance sheet is being used by the Invigilators at the Centre and so on…
Why Document Templates?
If we look at the past, we have had times when Institutes used to send the Documents via Courier and other offline mediums. This process was challenging as
- It involved much tracking
- Suffered from timeliness
- Wasn't handy as it was to be carried in hard copy
- Issue of misplacement
What is Manage Document/Template?
Manage Document/Template is a centralized place wherein you could manage all your Documents/Templates which are either visible to the applicant on their dashboard or which is used by the Institute/User.
Manage Document/Template helps you to:
- View all the Documents/ templates created
- Create a new Document/Template
- Define if you want to show the same as a PDF to the Candidate or on the Dashboard
- Define the orientation whether it is Landscape or Portrait
- Sequence the Documents to be shown on the Dashboard
- Edit Document/Template
- Copy a Document/template and create the new one with ease
- Mark a Document/template as Active or InActive
- Delete Document/Template which is no more in use