To commence with, we will discuss What Raw data is?
Raw data is the data of Prospective students that fall under the Target Group for a Particular Institute. The major difference between RAW data and Leads is that the contacts in RAW data have not shown any intent (attempted to register or fill up a form or even made an enquiry) for that particular Institute.
Example: For an Institute which offers Engineering programs, the data of students who have appeared for IIT-JEE fall in this category.
Similarly, for an Institute that offers MBA/PGDM courses the data of all the students that have appeared for an entrance like MAT or CAT fall under this category. All the students who appeared for the exam might not necessarily be interested in applying for the particular Institute.
To upload such data we have to follow the below mentioned process:
On the left corner, navigate to Marketing > Upload Raw data.
- On clicking "Upload Raw Data" a page labeled "Create New List" will open.
- You need to fill the required details. such as "Select Institute", "Select Form".
NOTE: If no form is selected in the "Select Form" option, then the data uploaded will be applicable to all the forms associated with that particular Institute. In order to upload form specific raw data, select the desired form.
- Assign a "List Name" to the file that is to be uploaded.
- If required, you can add "Description" to the list.
- Click on "Save & Next" to proceed.
- A "Checklist" will be visible that needs to be reviewed before you upload the raw data.
NOTE: You need to ensure all the requirements are fulfilled according to the checklist provided.
- The file should be in CSV format. Download a sample CSV file here. If you are using an excel sheet, you may change the format to CSV file using "Save As" option.
- First row of sheet must have header labels: NoPaperForms will use each column header to match will internal header label for better mapping and maintaining proper import data.
- Each row must contain valid Email ID or Mobile Number: Either Email ID or Mobile Number is must in each row to upload the CSV file.
NOTE: In case, neither Email ID nor Mobile Number is there, those raw data will not imported. Till the time Email ID or Mobile Number, is present and unique, the data will be imported.
- If the Email ID and Mobile Number already exist in the sheet or list uploaded earlier, they will be skipped: Meaning when you import a contact having Email ID and Mobile Number that is already existing in any particular list or database, those contact will be skipped from being uploaded or recorded into the system.
- Assign a tag to each sheet (this is optional): Tags allow you to identify the contacts from specific sheet or you can assign a tag in order to identify where you acquire the data from.
- Check the required Switcher and click onto the "Next" button.
- Now, you can either drag and drop the CSV file or Select the file from your system and upload.
- After Selecting or dragging the file click on to "Upload" button.
- A page name "Column Label Mapping" will open.
- You need to do CSV Column Label Mapping with NPF Labels - Map fields in the CSV file with the corresponding fields in NPF CRM.
Note: Only the field(s) that are checked will be imported.
- Only the selected and mapped fields will be imported to the system.
Note: If either Dial Code as well as Mobile Number is being mapped, then both must be mapped with their respective CRM labels. If Dial Code for a particular row is empty or invalid, then Mobile Number and Dial Code for that row will not be imported.
- You have two options here, one, you can select from the default fields available. Two, if fields labels are not available you can Create A Custom Label by dragging down on the Select Label field and clicking on "Create Custom Label".
- Upon clicking, a pop-up box will appear wherein, you can create the new field.
- Once the labeling is done, You can choose a name against "list Name" in order to give a name to the list that is being uploaded. Same goes with list Owner,
NOTE: The list will be shown to only those who are selected here. (list owner)
- Adding tag is similar to one mentioned above in the article.
- Once done, hit on "Start Import".
- After hitting on "Start Import", a message will appear stating "We have received your import request and we are processing the same". (refer Screenshot)
- You will be intimated through email when import gets completed.
- You will receive a mail where, all the details of the lead that is imported will be visible along with a link to access the Raw data upload logs.
NOTE: Raw data upload logs mentions the Import status, Imported by, Failed and Duplicate Leads etc.
- However, you can access the list from the message that is displayed on your system by clicking on "Go to List" after hitting "Start Import".