Objective: Help institutes understand how to create WhatsApp templates in good standing for Facebook approval.
Guidelines and possible reasons of Rejection:
Templates may be rejected for the following reasons:
Personalization token - Variable parameters are incorrect
- Two variable tokens are in queue consecutively
- WhatsApp template starts from a variable token
- WhatsApp template ends with a variable token
- bit.ly links and shortened links are used in content
- There should be value against every token, if value is not present against any token, the template will be failed.
Personalization token variable parameters are not defined. All parameters must have a known purpose, for example: the type of media you plan to send in a media message. Your template will be rejected if we do not know what goes into a specific parameter. We strongly recommend adding a sample values with your submission.
Personalization token variable parameters contain special characters such as a
The template contains instances of
- There should not be blank space (not more than 5 char) between two words/phrase in a variable.
- Variable should not be in Multiple lines.
- The template content should not be of more than 1024 char, keep a buffer of at least 25-30 char or according to the actual value which will be replaced by variable (ex.: if any variable to be replaced by any URL, most of the URL are of more than 50 char) against every variable to avoid breach of 1024 char once variables are replaced by actual values.
- The name of the template should be in lower case without any space (in case space is required, instead od space use underscore).
- In case of Media Template Image should be less than 1MB, Video less than 5MB & Document less than 1MB
The message template(s) contains content that violates WhatsApp’s Commerce Policy: Transactions must comply with the WhatsApp Commerce Policy.
The message template(s) contain content that violates WhatsApp’s Business Policy: Do not request sensitive identifiers from users. For example, do not ask people to share full length individual payment card numbers, financial account numbers, National Identification numbers, or other sensitive identifiers. This also includes not requesting documents from users that might contain sensitive identifiers.
The content contains potentially abusive or threatening content, such as threatening a user with legal action or threatening to publicly shame them.
- The template with Dynamic documents, Quick reply, Phone number & URL are not allowed to duplicate.
The message template is a duplicate of an existing template. If a template is submitted with the same content in the body and footer of an existing template, the duplicate template will be rejected. A rejection notification that includes the rejection reason will appear in Account Quality on WhatsApp Manager and be sent via email.
Estimated Timeline for Templates Approval:
Request you to please inform college team WhatsApp templates timeline as mentioned below:
- WhatsApp Text Templates Approval: Instant Approval via API using NoPaperForms Template Manager. In case rejected via API request, it will take 2 to 5 working days to get approval manually from the Facebook team.
- WhatsApp Media Templates Approval: Instant Approval via API using NoPaperForms Template Manager. In case rejected via API request, it will take 2 to 7 working days to get approval manually from the Facebook team. Sample values and attachment to be shared.